Friday, July 19, 2013

Old stuff and new stuff

I just came inside from outdoors. There's a small cell with a thunderstorm approaching. In fact, it's just on the other side of town, according to the weather radar at weatherunderground.com. Nothing large enough to break the back of this heatwave, and will probably just make it feel steamier than it already does.

The backbreaking thunderstorms are supposed to arrive tomorrow. By Sunday afternoon, it is supposed to be at least 10 degrees cooler than it has been.

Today during lunch, I headed out to the Jeep once again, even though today has been the hottest day of the week, by far. 17 Meters yielded a QSO with OE3DXA, Werner near Vienna Austria, while 20 Meters was good for a QSO with N5URL, Bob in Oklahoma. The QSO with Bob fell victim to QSB. Like two old soldiers, we both just faded away.

I am going to be mixing things up a bit on the blog in the very near future. I will be having occasional guest posters. Every now and then, I get an e-mail from a QRPer who has had an interesting adventure or radio related experience. They don't have blogs of their own, but yet are eager and willing to share. I will make the "Do More With Less" blog available to them. I think you'll all love these guest posts and I am looking forward to them.

The other new item that you will see shortly is a new series that I have decided to call "Profiles in QRP". These will appear once a month, where different QRPers will answer a set of questions, related to how they got started in Amateur Radio, what drew them to QRP, etc. Some of the profiles will hopefully be from some very prominent QRPers, while other profiles will be from people you may never even heard of.  I hope to get profiles from the QRP gamut ...  builders, contesters, designers, everyday Joes, HOFers, etc.

I'm sure you guys have had enough of me and my situation. This blog is supposed to be about QRP and CW. Hopefully, I can bring you some interesting reading in the near future.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to spice up your blog Larry. Hope to read more of it. Hopefully you will put some photos at the articles as well. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete