Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eureka!

That's what the 49'ers yelled when they struck gold in California - wasn't it?

I struck gold in California tonight by working K6JSS/6 - Cam N6GA on 15 Meters of all bands.  Who would have thought that 15 Meters would have been the money band to California at close to 8:30 PM local time?  But Cam bore with me and we got the QSO accomplished.  I got a 529 and sent a 549.  Not strong signals at the time; but as I sit here typing this, Cam's QRP signal is getting increasingly louder. He's almost a good 579 when the QSB isn't affecting him.  15 Meters at this time of day with such a lousy sunspot cycle!  If we were having a superb cycle, this wouldn't have struck me as odd.  But with the less than great propagation we've been having - I am surprised to say the least.

And speaking of accomplished - Cam is the editor/writer of the QRP column for CQ Magazine - double treat to have worked a "QRP Celebrity".

This QSO went a long way towards making my day, that's for sure!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got one of us California K6JSS ops Larry. I had QSOs with PA and MN last night as K6JSS but nothing further North or East.
    I hope we have a QSO sometime.
    73 BBQ Bear

    ReplyDelete