Thursday, September 29, 2011

Things

I started using a new template here on blogger; but today I took out the background image. Too distracting and it bothered my eyes.

I wanted to go out and do some QRP during lunchtime today at work.  I wasn't able to because one of my guys at another of our locations called out; so I sent the guy I normally work with, over there to help pick up the slack.  So I was flying solo today and couldn't leave the building.

However, this morning, I did throw a very small backpack in the back of the Jeep containing the PFR3A, Baby Black Widow paddles, battery, and a power cable.  I also placed the magmount and my Hamsticks in the back of the Jeep.  So hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to go to a local park or even just sit in the parking lot and get on for a few minutes around lunchtime.

As it turned out, I might not have been able to get on during lunchtime today as we've had thunderstorms periodically running through the area all day.  The last few days were very humid and muggy. As I left the building at work today, it was obvious that fresh, dryer air has swept into the area.  It's also been pretty breezy and the temperature has dropped significantly.  I think this weekend, the daily high is only supposed to be in the 60s (18C) with lows at night in the 40s (7C).  The seasons are a changing!

This weekend looks like it will be somewhat busy.  I am hoping to make it over to Washington Rock State Park next weekend to begin activating New Jersey's State Parks via the POTA program.  Definitely not Mt. Herman or Eagle Cap - but it's a start!  Next year, I hope to make it up to High Point State Park in the Northwest corner of New Jersey - the Appalachian Trail runs through there.  So maybe I can do double duty - activate the park and also start qualifying for some of WB3AAL's Appalachian Trail awards!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment