Sunday, September 04, 2011

Yay!


The most recent models show Katia bending and staying out to sea.  That is certainly good news for those areas up and down the East coast that were ravaged by Irene just last weekend.  Looking back, it is hard to believe that all that took place just a week ago.

And .... looking at Tropical Storm Lee, it looks like he's going to stay away from New Jersey, if you pay attention to Weather Underground. 

  Both maps are courtesy of Weather Underground.

If, on the other hand, you pay attention to AccuWeather, you get this forecast for Lee:

This map courtesy of AccuWeather

So .... who's right and who's wrong?  Guess I'll know come Tuesday - Wednesday of this week.  And, the other thing to keep in mind is that Hurricane season really has just begun.  It won't end until the end of November (usually). So we'll have to remain vigilant.

I spent both yesterday and today doing a lot of chores around the house.  Catching up for the past few weeks where I wasn't able to do anything because of my sprained ankle.  It feels much better and is behaving itself.  It's still a bit sore on one side, but I haven't even had to Ace Bandage it up.  While catching up on chores has been a good thing, it hasn't left me with any time for radio.

I am looking forward to QRP Afield, which is always held the third Saturday in September, and this year that's September 17th.  If Marianne is working that day (which undoubtedly she will) I may only get the opportunity to set up in the backyard.  But hey, that's better than nothing, and I am excited about the last big outdoor QRP event for the Summer 2011 season.

One of these Saturdays, I also want to take my high school and college rings to the local gold exchange to see what I can get for them.  I never wear them and I think that they will provide a good starting point for KX3 funds.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment