Saturday, September 17, 2011

QRP Afield

I had to settle for being a "giver of points" again.  Too much to do here this weekend to make a full, outdoor effort.  I am typing this as I prepare to go to the grocery store and get some food shopping done.

I am seeing what seems to be a decent amount of activity on QRPSPOTS; but to be honest, I'm not hearing a lot of QRPers.  I am hearing a lot of European contesters in the QRP area, especially SK7OA up around 14.062 MHz.  I did manage to get down to my basement shack for a few minutes and did work AB9CA and WT4M.

I also worked Bob W3BBO who was one the air as W3M - Special Event station for the Sesquicentennial Celebration of the founding of McKean, Pennsylvania. Bob mentioned that it was cloudy and cool in McKean.  Same thing here in New Jersey. Temperature is only around 60F (15C) and it looks like it wants to rain.  It feels like we went from August to late October in the span of a day.

Anyway, like I said, busy here today!  I had an allergist appointment early this morning, Joey had a soccer game around 11:00AM.  Now it's time to grocery shop and then put some salt in the water softener in the basement.  When I get home, maybe I'll find more time to get on the air.

Oh yes, tomorrow is the monthly Run for the Bacon - have to post that to the QRP e-mail reflectors later!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. It's kind the same here Larry but in the opposite order. It was shopping this morning and the running around. I had read about great propagation but I am cruising the QRP frequencies and not much to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way it is with me and the contests I participate in...a giver of points! ;-)
    73
    Phil, AB3AW

    ReplyDelete