Wednesday, January 17, 2007

NAQCC Sprint

Tonight was the monthly North American QRP CW Club (NAQCC) Sprint. Band conditions seemed to be excellent! 40 Meters was quiet with only very small amounts of local noise. 80 Meters was even better. So why did I manage only 28 QSOs in the two hours?

I just couldn't seem to get into a groove. At least twice, I started running a frequency, only to have another station stomp all over me and take over said frequency. Hey, doesn't anyone listen or send a "QRL?" before they put hand to key, anymore ???? I thought that most members of the NAQCC were of the highest caliber; but sadly I am becoming disappointed.

I realize that folks get caught up in the moment of competition; but that's no reason to stop extending common courtesy.

In any event, the whole evening seemed out of kilter after that. I never got a good rhythm going and ended up wasting too much time "searching and pouncing" or looking for a clear frequency. I know, sounds like whiney excuse making; but that's just the way it was. Maybe next month will be better.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment