Saturday, January 20, 2007

Winter with a vengeance!

It seems the only section of the country that was getting Winter was the Rockies and Plains with the serious snows that they have been getting. Winter here in the NorthEast has been more like Spring! Christmas felt more like Easter and most of January felt like March or April.

That was until a few days ago. As I sit here typing this, my indoor/outdoor thermometer is letting me know that it's only 19 degrees outside. However, if you dare go outside, it feel more like zero; or below. The wind is bad; and the wind chill effect is dramatic.

We have been fortunate to have such good weather so far. It has been so much warmer than normal. However, after experiencing that, these normal or even slightly below normal temperatures feel a ton worse than they would any other year! I am constantly trying to stay warm. I have layers on and am for the most part, pretty comfortable. But my hands are another story. Trying to keep them warm is a battle. And sending code is just a bit of a struggle when the digits are not toasty warm.

We keep the house at 66 or 67 degrees. The shack, which is in the basement is at about 63 or 64 degrees. I can't stay down there too long in weather like this without coming upstairs for frequent warm-up breaks.

That all said, I still count my blessings - after all, it could be snowing ..............

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment