Thursday, May 01, 2008

Another good night in the Ham shack

I got another bunch of capacitors soldered on to the ATS-3 circuit board. Wow! My eyes are definitely NOT what they used to be! In a few days I'll turn 51 and even with bifocals, soldering this teeny tiny stuff is an adventure. Used to be that I could read the small print on tiny capacitors with no trouble. Now I need all kinds of help - bifocals, an Opti-Visor ..... whew!

Sight problems notwithstanding, it was another pleasant night on the air. 40 Meters was in excellent shape and I started off the evening with a short ragchew. From there I went to the lower portion of the band to see what DX I could sniff out and I worked HI5 (the Dominican Republic) and S52 (Slovenia). I also heard a YV5 station (Argentina) that was coming in loud and strong. Argentina would have been a new one for me via QRP; but this op was really interested in rag chewing. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, and I would have hung around if I wasn't so darn tired!

A "real" conversation with a DX station is always a good deal; and doesn't happen often enough. But tonight, all I have in mind right now is my head hitting the pillow; which I am going to do as soon as I finish this post!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment