Sunday, January 15, 2012

The January RFTB was fun

The January edition of the Flying Pigs Run For The Bacon QRP Sprint was fun.  Activity seemed to be on the light side; but that might be from a lot of folks being exhausted after a full day of playoff football. Conditions were strange too. Deep QSB made it seem like a station that was in the clear and loud one second, was gone the next.

As I write this, there are 10 minutes to go in the Sprint. The K2 is merrily pounding out "CQ FP DE W2LJ" on 80 Meters. But to be honest, I don't expect another QSO between now and 0400 UTC.  So I ended up with 14 QSOs (6 on 40 Meters, 8 on 80 Meters) in the log, with 11 different states/provinces worked.

Below appears a map of my effort for the night.  The only thing incorrect is that Don K3RLL was operating from Florida, not his normal QTH of Pennsylvania.  The biggest disappointment of the night was not working KX9X.  He was very loud into New Jersey; but for whatever reason, I just could not make myself heard with either the EDZ or the HF9V.


72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment