Friday, July 27, 2012

A virtual pipeline

I tell ya!

I had a virtual pipeline into Northern Europe tonight on 20 Meters.  I worked Latvia, Denmark and a whole bunch of Ham friends from European Russia.  I was consistently getting 579 reports, and I will take those at face value.  Whenever I don't get that automatic "599", I figure any other report is probably pretty honest.

Hey, 5 Watts to the Butternut and I'm getting 579 from over across all that water that's separating us?  I'll take THAT any day of the week! If I wasn't so tired from work, I'd do the Happy Dance.

I've got a bunch of yard work planned for tomorrow, so that I can have Sunday free for Flight of the Bumblebees.  Fresh air, trees, sunshine, wire and a radio.  You can't beat that with a stick!

Since portable ops seems to be the thing that a lot of folks associate with QRP, I'm attempting to boil the essence of that down into a design for a T-shirt.   This is what I've come up with so far:


I've put this design on some stuff at Cafe Press.  I think I'll order myself up a few shirts so that I can wear them while I'm Skeeter hunting (too late for FOBB).  I'll have to see if I can't find a real graphic artist who can improve on the execution of my idea - but for now - not too shabby (at least I think so!)

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment