Thursday, June 18, 2015

Outstanding!

One of the knobs on one of my KX3s broke. Actually, it broke a while ago - it cracked, fell apart and disintegrated.


In the photograph, it would be the one on the left.  Personally, I have been just "dealing with it". I turn the encoder shaft when I need to - no big deal, really.

However, my KX3s will be pressed into service for SPARC's Field Day effort (don't want the guys thinking that I keep a shoddy shack!), so this morning, I thought I'd fire off an e-mail to Elecraft, inquiring about a part number and price. I figured I would order two, one for the radio and one as a spare.

Within an hour of sending off my inquiry, I get a reply back that four are being sent at no charge. Wow. At the risk of being labeled an "Elecraft Fanboy", I think that's pretty darn neat, and that's all I'm going to say. I think Elecraft's actions speak more loudly than anything I can add.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Larry. What is a KX3s compared to a KX3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A KX3s is more than one KX3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty standard Elecraft customer service. They really stand behind their productions.

    ReplyDelete