Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Delightful lunchtime QSO

The bands seemed to be in decent shape this lunchtime, with low background noise levels.  According to SOTA Watch, there were a few activations that I wasn't able to hear, and Ed WA3WSJ was out and about, but he was on 20 Meters. A pathway on 20 Meters from NJ to PA is a very rare occurrence.

While twiddling the dial, I heard Bob K9OSC calling CQ in the 20 Meter QRP neighborhood.  Bob lives in Fridley, MN and had an excellent signal in NJ.  QSB varied his RST between 599 and 559, but even so, with the low background noise, Bob was "Q5" copy the whole time.


Bob was using his K3 to a homebrewed rotary dipole.  His aerial enabled us to have a very enjoyable 20 minute 2X QRP QSO. If you get the chance, look up K9OSC on QRZ.com.  I think you'll be blown away like I was.  A very good operator, a very good station, a very good rag chew.

Thanks, Bob and I sure hope I hook up with you again!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment