Friday, November 17, 2017

Hmmmmmmmm........

Coax is on the way. A new LDG 1:1 Current Balun is on the way and Dave VE7EZM is planting seeds in my brain:


Not only is this do-able, it's not all that far away from the configuration that I had in mind, anyway. 46.8 Feet on the short side may be tight, but I think I'll be crossing the back yard on a bit of a diagonal and not straight across, parallel with the property line. That may just give me the few extra feet of space that I'll need.  

This weekend looks to be busy, getting the house ready for Thanksgiving guests and all (plus I'm attending a seminar on FLDigi and the NBEMS messaging system for AUXCOMM tomtorrow)- but maybe, just maybe, I can find time to shoot a line up into the tree so that I can be ready for the long Holiday weekend next week.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. I've used one for almost the entire time I have been at this QTH (at about 30 ft height) with an automatic antenna tuner and it works quite well for a basic wire antenna. I doubt you would be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 40 and 20 meters its one of my favorite wire's. You can play with it a little and no tuner required AG4P

    ReplyDelete