Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sure hope there's more activity tomorrow!

I'll be the first one to admit it.  I was not able to get on the radio at all today, during the day.  I had VE exams in the morning that I assisted at. That was followed by grocery shopping, leaf raking and Halloween yard decorations put up and then sanding the bathroom walls that I had applied spackle to yesterday.  Very busy with no time for radio - no time for the QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party.

So when I was able to turn on the radio this evening, hoping to relax for a bit and hear many of my fellow QRPers, it was a disappointment to say the least.  I worked 8 other QRPers and one station who thought I was calling "CQ PA TEST" instead of "CQ QRP TEST".

Two stations worked on 20 Meters and the rest on 40 Meters. No activity at all on 80 Meters that I was able to hear, which is a shame as all the summer time static crashes are gone.  80 Meters is back in season, again.

Tomorrow, I have a quiet day planned.  My son and I will be putting in some more time at the local soup kitchen in the afternoon, but other than that, the day should be free.  The QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party runs until 7:59 PM EDT tomorrow, so I should be able to get on in the late morning, early afternoon and later afternoon.  I sure hope I can work more stations than the eight I worked tonight!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Follow up: I went back to 80 Meters around 11:00 PM EDT (0300 UTC) and called CQ for a bit. I ended up with four stations in the log. Background noise was near zero, the band sounded beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment