Sunday, December 29, 2013

88' EDZ Problems

In addition to the fall that my 88' EDZ took, there now seem to be other problems. While connecting it to the KX3 this afternoon, I noticed that depending on how I handled the coax, the antenna would either "hear" or not. I immediately suspected a fault at the PL-259, so I replaced it. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. That means there is most likely a fault in the coax a bit further back.

For now, I have pressed the W3EDP into service as "Antenna 2". The Butternut HF9V still remains the primary antenna of choice with the wire as the alternate. When I get more time, I will have to cut the coax back a few feet and will solder on a new PL-259 to see if that makes a difference.

It's always something! 

As an aside, I did work OA1/AL4Q on 30 Meters using the Butternut.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment