Monday, May 12, 2014

Warm!

The weather has taken a decidedly summer-like turn in central NJ.  At lunch time today, the outside temperature is a June/July like 84F (29C).  You will not hear a word of complaint out of me, that this is too hot, considering how long and extended our winter was.  I'll take this any day of the week!

As the situation at work returned to somewhat normal, I was able to head out to the Jeep this afternoon, for my hour long break.  I was able to work out of the back, with the rear tailgate open, providing a bit of shade from the Noon sun.

15 Meters and 17 Meters seemed to be the active bands.  On 15 Meters, I worked SN777AG - Jurek SP2GUB who was commemorating the 777th Anniversary of the City of Elblag, which is not far from Gdansk.


After SN777AG, I worked Jose EA1MX in Spain.  QSB got the better of that QSO. We were able to exchange rudimentary RST information, and that was about it. I'll count it as complete QSO, but I hate when QSB kills an opportunity for more.

I then hopped on over to 17 Meters, where I worked EM90WF in the Ukraine, another Special Event Station.  This one was to commemorate the 90th birthday of Vladimir Goncharsky U5WF (SK). Vladimir was not only a very successful Ham who had won many awards, but was also a WWII veteran.  The station was loud into NJ - very loud.  This is not the first time I have heard them, or have tried to work them, as I'm always attracted to very loud signals from DX stations.  Attempts to work EM90WF in the past were unsuccessful.  In fact, a few weeks ago, I spent one or two lunchtime sessions trying to break the pileup, fruitlessly.  Today?  First call - go figure.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


No comments:

Post a Comment