Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Ten more

Another 10 stations in the log.  I have to be upfront about this. This isn't a POTA vacation like some of the real die-hards do. This is a time to be away with family and just to enjoy each other and our down time together. Nonetheless, they do respect my love for Amateur Radio and afford me some solo time for my favorite pasttime.

The set up of the crappie pole and PAR ENDFEDZ went like a hot knife through butter. Easier, and it went up even more quickly than expected. Literally in a matter of minutes, the antenna was up and ready to go. Hindsight being 20/20, the Jackite pole would have been the better option, giving me an additional 10 feet in height. That's on my mental list for next year. Tear down and stowaway went just as smoothly.


After these sessions, I like to go to the Reverse Beacon Network for an "after action report". I was getting out pretty  well. The PAR even tunes up well enough on 15 Meters that I was able to be heard out Arizona-ways.

The best contact of the day came at 18:47 UTC, when my "CQ POTA" on 20 Meters was answered by SM5DXT, Chris in Sweden. I got a 419 report from him. Weak signal, but pretty readable. I'll take that any day of the week.

I had QSOs with Hunters in MO, ON (this one was a Park to Park), WV, GA, PA, MD, and NJ.  Good enough to satisfy my Ham Radio craving for the day. We're supposed to get the remnants of Hurricane Beryl visiting us today. It's kind of sunny right now, but the overcast is gaining ground. 1 - 3 inches of rain are supposedly coming according to WeatherBug. If I get on the air at all today, it just might be from the covered porch with the AlexLoop.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment