Sunday, June 07, 2009

Pooh!

Talk about fast service! I received an e-mail from Gennady UX5UO in about an hour within submitting my QSL design, with some bad news. The Federal Telegraph Key .jpg is not of high enough resolution for a good QSL card. I went over to Corel Draw and printed out the comped version I made and sure enough, Gennady was right. It came out just a bit on the soft side - not really satisfactory.

He suggested that for the card front, that I use the photo of myself that I had submitted for the card back. I don't want a picture of me to be the main focus of the QSL card; so I e-mailed him back with a "Thanks, but no thanks" message. Then a bit later, I remembered a T-shirt design I came up with a few years ago and sent him that .jpg. Hopefully, that will be of sufficient resolution and quality. If it isn't, I have another idea cooking around in my brain - we'll see.

On a totally unrelated manner, I took Joey and Cara to the movies to see "Up" this afternoon (as I type this, it was actually yesterday afternoon!). What a great movie! Since it's a Pixar movie, you might be tempted to think it's a movie for kids; and maybe it is. But I also think that there will be many an adult who can and will benefit from the movie's message. I won't go into it any further as I don't want to be a spoiler; but I heartily recommend "Up" for kids and adults alike.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment