Monday, June 22, 2009

RFTB .... the day after.

It was fun!

I worked 16 stations from 11 different states, all in all. Two on 20 Meters, two on 80 Meters and twelve on 40 Meters. The QRN on 40 was pretty bad; but surprisingly, not so bad on 80 Meters.

I worked Bob W3BBO on both 40 and 80 Meters on his new Steve Weber Dual Band radio that he recently acquired from Hendricks QRP Kits. He told me that it went together fine; and after installing a new software chip to clear up some timing issues, it sounded great, too.

I quit at 10:15 PM local time, about an hour and fifteen minutes into the sprint. I wasn't hearing any new stations and getting up for work on Monday comes pretty quickly. After I posted my tally on the Autolog, I seem to be currently holding 4th place. I'm sure that will change!

I used the end fed Zepp for a portion of the contest, after putting new coax on it yesterday afternoon. The main purpose for this antenna, though, is for 30 Meters. It seems to hear better and load easier on that band than the G5RV. I am looking forward to using it there; but it was nice experimenting with it last night.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment