Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New computer

My new Dell Inspiron desktop arrived today; and I am using it now as I type this.

It has over twice the processor speed, six times the memory and the hard drive is WAY bigger than my old Gateway. The speed is amazing compared to the old machine. Applications come up in a snap and there's no waiting for things to happen after pressing a key or performing a mouse click.

I'm sure as I fill this machine up, that will change - but for now I am a happy camper. When I get some time, possibly tomorrow night, I will take the hard drive out of the old machine and hook it up to this computer using an external hard drive kit. This way I can still keep my pictures and transfer some data files to the new hard drive.

This computer uses Vista, which is a bit different from XP. I suppose it will take a little getting used to; but I don't foresee any major problems.

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Congrats with your new ad fast computer. We cannot without them anymore, or do we? I do have a oldie (6 yrs) but I keep the machine up to date. Only the processor gets old. And it can't do two things at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Our selection committee compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 ham radio Blogs, and yours was included! Check it out at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/ham-radio

    You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award Badge at http://thedailyreviewer.com/blog/8921
    Cheers!

    Angelina..

    ReplyDelete