Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Second Meeting

Tonight I attended my second Raritan Valley Radio Club meeting. My application was read for the second time; and now I await the results of a membership e-mail poll for a "aye" or "nay" decision as to whether or not I become a member.

Regardless as to how that turns out, this group puts on one of the better Hamfests in New Jersey and this year's event takes place a week from this Saturday - on June 19th. Father's Day weekend.

So if you're in the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania area and you're looking for a way to treat yourself that weekend - consider coming to the Hamfest!

For all the details. go to: http://www.w2qw.org/W2QWHamfestFlyer2010.pdf

I will be there, hopefully for my last year as a visitor. Next year I hope to be helping out with some duty or other as a member. But I have fond memories of attending the RVRC Hamfest since my early days as a Ham - even back in the days when it was better known as the "Dunellen Hamfest".

This year I will be looking for some basic odds and ends - a new repeater directory and perhaps a better antenna for my 144/440 MHz handheld. As always, I'll also be on the prowl for enclosures and spare parts for projects.

Also, from what I understand, there will be a fellow Ham, Bob KC2RDU, who has a ton of tubes for sale. I have an old antique AM Broadcast table top radio given to me by an aunt a few years ago. It isn't working and I think it needs some tubes. I will have to do an inventory of what's in there to see if I can find replacements.

If you're in the area - stop on by! I'm sure you'll have a good time and the possibility of walking away with a bargain or two is a distinct possibility!

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment