Monday, June 14, 2010

Spotter class

Tomorrow night is one of the few SkyWarn spotter classes being given in the area. So tomorrow night, at 7:00 PM, I will be heading off to the Westfield, NJ Police HQ building to refresh and renew my status as an official SkyWarn spotter. The last time I took training was over 12 yeas ago; and it is now recommended that training should be refreshed every three years.

We do get severe weather from time to time here in NJ. Blizzards, hurricanes, thunderstorms. I look upon SkyWarn as part of giving something back to the community for the enjoyment that Amateur Radio has given me.

I hope all of you who are beginning to build PFR3As got the chance to take a look at the NG9D video that I had linked to yesterday. It seems that Lynn has taken down his video for some reason or other. It was a good one and I hope it reappears soon.

Thanks to those of you who sent me private e-mails complimenting the new look of the blog. Due to some upgrades provided by Blogger, I made a few changes; and I like the look too. I checked the blog from work today; and the Internet browser that I have is so screwey that the blog looks nothing like the way it does at home. At home with Firefox, IE7 or Chrome, the results are fine. At work, with IE7, it looks totally different - more like a jumbled mess. Go figure!

72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. As someone who, since childhood, has been fascinated by the weather, I don't know whether to be envious or glad that here in the UK we don't have such exciting weather.

    ReplyDelete