Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back home; but........

We're back home from our one week stay at Lake George, as if that isn't bad enough that vacation is over and the 9-5 workday drudgery is about to begin, it appears I came home with either a sinus infection or nasty head cold.  Not sure which; but it's not pleasant in either case.  As I sit here, seriously hacking up a lung, I am heartened and my spirits are lifted by two things I found on QRP-L.

First off is another wonderful exploit by Jim W1PID as he spent another wonderful afternoon on Knox Mountain in New Hampshire.  It's Jim who I try to emulate with my attempts at outdoor portable QRP ops; and this past week I was mildly successful.

http://www.w1pid.com/knox_jul/knox_jul.html

Secondly are two videos from Steve WG0AT who was in QSO with fellow blogger, Dave AA7EE using the prototype KX3.  Since these can be found on YouTube, I'm sure Steve would have no problem with me posting these here.



and:



which only wants me wanting this rig even more.  This little guy will not only be THE perfect outdoor QRP rig; but looks like it would hold its own in the shack too, as a main station QRP radio.

Patience, W2LJ ......... patience!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment: