Monday, July 11, 2011

Not so much success today

I headed across the street today to the park across from where we're staying.  Today's weapons of choice were the PFR-3A and the wire and the Fuchs tuner.

The good news is that my homebrewed antenna line launcher worked like a charm!  Got that fishing weight and line over a 30 foot limb with no problem.  Got the antenna up and hooked up to the Fuchs tuner which was in turn hooked up to the PFR-3A.

The bad news came while doing the final fine tuning with the Fuchs to get onto the 20 Meter band.  The knob separated from the polycap's tuning shaft.  The knob is just spinning, not getting proper purchase to the shaft. Argh! I brought plenty of tools along; but it appears I have screwdriver blades that are either too small; or too big. None the size I need, of course.

The fix will be plenty easy enough; and will only take a few minutes. I just need the right screwdriver.  So it look like the rest of the week, I will be using either the Buddistick (which seems to work just fine) or perhaps one of the doublets.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Hey Larry, If I left tomorrow I could get there in 48 hrs or so with that tiny screwdriver.....hi hi have a good vacation de Paul N0NBD

    ReplyDelete