Saturday, July 23, 2011

FOBB Confusion

It seems that there's a bit of confusion out there regarding the correct date for the Flight of the Bumblebees this year.  The ARRL had mistakenly listed it for tomorrow - July 24th.  I got an e-mail from Ward Silver, the contesting guru over there and we got the details corrected.



Have no fear - the main event is NEXT Sunday - July 31st.  Now, if you guys have in mind to make a practice run tomorrow, I don't see anything wrong with that.  But if you call "CQ BB" tomorrow, don't be surprised when you don't get any answers!

I know I'm preaching to the choir out there when I speak of how hot it has been.  It peaked to over 100F yesterday and came close to doing it again today.  I sure hope next Sunday is sunny, dry but just a tad cooler.  Personally?  I love the heat; but this has been a bit much, even for me.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment