Saturday, July 30, 2011

Psyched!

I am very much looking forward to tomorrow and hoping that Murphy does nothing to screw around with my plans for FOBB.  At this point in time, we're up to 244 Bees.  I looked at the national weather maps and there doesn't appear to be any HUGE patches of inclement weather anywhere; so I am hoping to hear lots of Bees on the air tomorrow.

W2LJ will be operating from a local park.  Antenna will be a EFHW cut for 40 and 20 Meters.  Not sure whether it's going to be the PFR-3A or the K1.  I am thinking the K1 as it has 15 Meter capability that the PFR-3A doesn't.  I may end up tossing a coin; or perhaps even bringing both.  As I am walking to the park; I don't want to pack too much extraneous stuff in the rucksack if I don't have to.  For me, this is just like going on vacation; I inevitably end up packing too much!

I should just bring one radio, headphones, the antenna, paddle, battery and power cable.  Also the crappie pole and antenna launcher and a pad for logging.  Anything more than that is overkill; but I always fret that I'm going to overlook something important.

Hope to hear you on the air tomorrow!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

BTW - I will hand out Bee numbers up until around 11:00 AM EDT tomorrow morning.  That's about when I'll be getting ready to leave to go operate.

1 comment:

  1. Larry,

    I have been following you blog for a while. Most interesting and informative…

    It is a crying shame FOBB was neglected, I recon it is now in good hands.

    The FOBB event sounds like huge fun. Enjoy!

    I would love to participate, but with conditions the way they are it is not likely to happen soon.

    de Pierre ZS6A

    http://zs6a.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete