Monday, July 24, 2023

From utter chaos to a minor disaster

I guess that's the best way to describe the shack now. I spent a couple hours filling two big green garbage bags with "stuff". It seems my precious radio room had become the Makoski family repository for just all kinds of "stuff".

I can now sit down and turn on the radio without having Fibber McGee's closet come raining down upon my head. Unfortunately in the trash went two small semi-started kits that I began working on literally years ago. I don't remember what they were and where the remaining components went to, so as much as it pained me, I let them go. Believe me, in their stead, I have plenty of projects to work on. I am not going on in life kitless.

I still have a ways to go, but I made a start and I'm getting there. The main goal here is to have enough clean space to build the QMX when I eventually get around to ordering one. I'm hoping that will happen before summer ends.

Just a reminder - FOBB is next Sunday! If you haven't made your plans, or requested a Bee number, time is getting short. And speaking of time getting short, I am already noticing that the hours of daylight are getting less. Boo! Hiss!

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment