Saturday, July 29, 2023

More re-org

 Last Sunday I spent a couple hours cleaning up the shack.

Today, while the heat is still hot, I hope to spend a bit of time indoors re-organizing my portable ops backpack. Like the shack downstairs, it needs a clean out as that hasn't happened in a while. And that's part of the reason I brought the daypack to Lake George instead of the backpack. It's become bloated with things that I sometimes intend to use one day, but never get around to.

There are some antennas in there that I hardly ever use. They can get stored in another bag that I will specifically earmark for that purpose. I also need to go through the plastic tubs I have in there and get rid of (move to another location) the ones that just have superfluous stuff in them.

This will make the pack lighter and easier to tote around.  I'd also like to get over to Home Depot at some point and by enough PVC to emulate Dave KD2FSI's frame. I'm telling you, the man is a genius and I wish I had his sense of design and mechanical acumen.  I think he can go into a store, look at bits and pieces and draw up plans in his mind for all kinds of neat portable op accessories. I look at the same items and all I draw up is a blank.


72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment