Thursday, December 21, 2023

Santa POTA

 Santa Ham image for the day - maybe Santa POTA might be a better description?


And from the looks of it, maybe Santa has a brand new Elecraft KH1 in his hand?

Speaking of which - while I'm not in the market for a KH1, I do have kind of a kindled re-interest in the QRP Labs QMX transceiver, which is closer to my budget limitations. I'm getting to the point where if I do get one, I'd probably go for the factory assembled version.  Winding tiny toroids get tougher and tougher the older you get.

My idea is to keep it handy in the car in a daypack with a battery, key, earbuds, tuner, etc and maybe do some impromptu POTA activations in 2024 - if the possibility presents itself - even at the spur of a moment. Personally for me, sometimes motivation gets confounded by inertia. If I know the equipment is in the vehicle, ready to go - I just might be more conducive to taking advantage of the opportunities as they present themselves.

Less inertia equals more activity.

Nothing written in stone yet, but I am toying with the idea.

In the Northern Hemisphere, today at 10:27 PM EST, the Winter Solstice occurs. That means that after today, more and more daylight will be creeping back, which makes me a very happy Ham. To all my readers in the Southern Hemisphere (from the little globe to the right, it doesn't look like there's that many) - Happy First Day of Summer! I hope it's a great one for you!

Tonight's the 80 Meter Fox Hunt. The Foxes are K9CW in Illinois and K0DTJ in California. If I'm lucky, maybe I can go 1 for 4 this week. Seems like Illinois is a possibility. Not sure I'll hear California on 80 Meters.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment