Monday, December 18, 2023

The week before Christmas


Some Santa Ham images each day this week as we ramp up to the Holiday.

I have to admit, not much radio for me this weekend. Saturday got busy with other "stuff" and I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I napped most of the day away yesterday (with my loyal and trusted Harold at my side). I must have needed it because I pretty much slept the whole night through, as well.


I did check into the St. Max net last night on 75 Meters. That was my only radio for the weekend. We're in the midst of a classic Nor'Easter. It was raining on and off yesterday as the storm approached. Around 7:00 or 8:00 PM last night, it started raining hard and it hasn't let up yet. As of this moment, 7:35 AM Monday morning, we've gotten 3.53" (9 cm) of rain and it's still coming down hard.

The commute into work was a real treat, which goes without saying. The main road I drive on to get to work was flooded in several places and was down to one lane. And in one spot we had to bypass a stopped car that (from the looks of it) had driven right into a tree branch that had fallen into the road. The tree branch was obliterated - the front end of his car didn't look much better. But as "they" say - things could always be worse. It could have been snow. But at 60F (16C) that's not a possibility. Once this storm moves out, the temps are supposed to become seasonable again.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment