The circuit board phase of this project has been completed. It shouldn't have taken long; there are only 10 components!
The recommended enclosure is, of course, an Altoids tin. I am not using one for two reasons ...
1) I don't have a punch to make the necessary holes and 2) I have some nice sturdier metal enclosures that I saved from the dumpster at my old job.
In addition to assembling the circuit board, I drilled holes in the enclosure for the three phono jacks that you see in the above photo. For the memory buttons, I am forgoing the ones supplied with the kit and am using some Radio Shack momentary push buttons that I picked up at the Hamfest last Sunday. These are chassis mountable and will go on the enclosure's "top" side.
When all is said and done, the enclosure will be painted a bright yellow to match the PFR3A and I also ordered some decal paper to make my own labels. Yes .... decals. For a $17 kit with a homebrew enclosure - decals are just fine.
I ordered a package of decal paper from DecalPaper.com, and when it comes, I will design and create my own custom decals for this project. Thanks to John AE5X for pointing me to this product from one of his blog posts. Take a look at the video he embedded in his post. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
72 de Larry W2LJ