Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We all live in a Yellow Submarine

Digging through other bins in my cabinet of junk, I found another mini momentary push button switch - this one being "normally open". With the exception of the decal for the AA0ZZ keyer, the "Yellow Station" is basically complete.


To the left is a homebrew single lever paddle that was given to me by Neal W3CUV. The middle box is the AA0ZZ keyer (sans decal) and then the PFR3A, all lit up and ready to go on 30 Meters. This will be the set up for QRPTTF on Saturday, if it doesn't rain.

I will be taking along my zip cord doublets and the Buddistick. I haven't tried using the built in BLT tuner, so that will be a new experience, too. The AA0ZZ keyer works phenomenally! It is very user friendly and intuitive. I recommend this kit highly to anyone who finds themselves in the need of an external keyer.

On top of the Elecraft Hex Key, if you look carefully, you will see the New England QRP SCAF filter circuit board. I have begun the next project already. Also, the decal paper arrived via UPS today, so after this blog post I am going to fire up Open Office to start experimenting with designs for the label for the keyer.

72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:14 PM

    GREAT looking station. Now just go to walley world and they have yellow earbuds.... I got some and they work fine. I bought a AA0ZZ keyer at ozarkcon thinking of doing another... I lovethe yellow box. cul de N0NBD

    ReplyDelete