Monday, April 19, 2010

Crud buckets!

I have the AA0ZZ keyer just about finished except for the decal/label and one other little detail.

I thought I was all finished with construction - plopped the three AAA batteries in, only to have the keyer give out a stream of constant "3"s. It turns out that the momentary push button that I have for keyer memory three is a "normally closed" switch instead of "normally open". I didn't quite catch that as I was rummaging through the junk box at the Hamfest last week. Looks like I will have to go to Radio Shack tomorrow evening and buy a package of "normally open" ones. Gosh, I hope they have some!

72 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Can you take a 2N2222, put something like a 1k resistor from +12V to the base, put the switch on the base to ground, the emitter to ground, and the collector to the keyer to invert it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would undoubtedly work; but another trip through the junk box paid off and I found the last remaining switch that I needed!

    ReplyDelete