Saturday, February 02, 2008

No FYBO here

Sad to say; but no FYBO here for W2LJ. My wife had to work today; and normally, that would not present a problem. But around lunchtime, I was sitting on the couch next to my daughter, and I noticed that her forehead felt kind of warm. The thermometer confirmed a 100.8 fever.

A dose of children's Motrin fixed her up right quick; but I stayed close to both my kids today to monitor them for any further signs of illness. Luckily, there were none.

I did sneak down the basement for a quick couple FYBO contacts and managed to work the ever present N4BP and Steve NØTU out in Colorado. He reported a temperature of 55 degrees, which was actually warmer than it got in New Jersey. I think our high for the day reached somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 degrees. However, it was quite breezy today; and if I had been outside, that45 would have felt more like 30!

Tonight, 40 Meters is abuzz with the NA Sprint. Hard to find a hole where non-contesting is going on. As soon as you reach around 7.040 MHz, the hard line RTTY kicks in and takes the band over. I did sneak on over to 80 Meters for a nice QSO with Mike WB2KKI, for a bit.
The Sprint is only scheduled for another couple of hours. I should go down there and see if I can here Alaska. The way 40 Meters has been long the past week or so ...........

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Larry,

    I didn't get to play in FYBO either.

    Funny, the first guy I usually log in every Spartan Sprint or any other Sprint for that matter is Bob, N4BP!

    If he's not "the best" at QRP contesting, I don't know who is...

    73 es hope to CU on the bands soon

    de Jeff, KE9V

    ReplyDelete