Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Sunday Soapbox

I've had the TV on the day long "pre-game" show all day long. I just saw something before the start of the game that left a lump in my throat; and a tear in my eye.

Various NFL greats from present and past read excerpts from The Declaration of Independence. It was moving and beautiful.

During the reading, I heard numerous mentions of "The Creator" and "Divine Providence". I dare ANYONE out there to tell me that the Founding Fathers of this great nation were not God fearing men who believed that relying on Him was not only a good thing to do; but a necessary thing to do.

Some people obviously "get it".

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Larry, you've said it better than I could, so I'll just tack on an "AMEN!"

    73, Alan W5EAC

    ReplyDelete