Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One-fer tonight

Today is Tuesday; so tonight was the 80 Meter QRP Foxhunt. And I managed to snag one of the Foxes. I worked Ron W8RU who is located in Michigan. Conditions were not great; and that is being charitable. The QRN was pretty bad; but Ron was a decent 579 through the noise and static crashes. There must be a weather front moving through as it almost sounded like it was Summer. But it was indeed NOT Summer, as I sat huddled in the basement in a T-shirt, sweatshirt and sweater on top of that.

After I worked Ron, I went hunting for Karl K5DI who is in New Mexico. I not only did not hear Karl, I didn't even hear the pack chasing him!

I switched on over to 40 Meters to try and work some of the SKCC Sprint. I worked N8XE and then the 40 Meter local neighborhood QRN machine turned on, obliterating the band and rendering it useless.

So I came upstairs to warm up a bit; and compose this entry.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment