Friday, September 25, 2009

20 Meters this morning

Before I left the house, I jumped on 20 Meters for a few minutes this morning around 12oo UTC. The band was open to Europe; and I managed to work a station from Latvia YL3UZ.

I heard stations from England, Scotland, Russia and Poland, to toss a few country names out there.

QSB was deep and I heard the Latvian station call CQ and was surprised that I was heard first try. He was 579 and I received a 559 in return, which I will gladly accept any day of the week! Everytime I accomplish something like this with only 5 Watts, I still get that old "Novice Thrill" back again!

I tried working SP2009B; but the band started changing; and I had to get a move on.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry...I would have never thought of 20 that early in the morning. Great catch.

    I've found 40 very active just at sunrise. (7025-7030).

    I'll have to start listening on 20 now that I know you're hearing stuff there.

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete