Saturday, September 19, 2009

QRP Afield - not!

Boo - hiss! No QRP Afield for W2LJ.

Here's the story in a nutshell. Larry is asked to join a conference call at work on Thursday at 3:00 PM. "There's going to be a big install of Dell servers next week. We need your team to prep about 350 servers for FIRST THING on Monday morning. 197 in your building and 157 at one of our other locations. Think you can find people to work on Saturday?"

By some small miracle, we pulled it off. But my team and I really busted rump yesterday and today. I had to go in today to finish the job for my building and ended up going into work at 6:00 AM (hoping to get out early enough to do some operating) and ended up staying to 4:00 PM.

And from the few minutes I got outside, it was a perfect day! Sunny and in the low 70s with crystal blue skies - not a cloud to be seen. It would have been prefect for QRP Afield! But after moving around 197 servers at 60 pounds apiece, I was not in the mood to do anything this afternoon except veg out a little.

Huge sigh. Maybe next year.

The reports for QRP Afield are starting to trickle in on the e-mail reflectors. And I always like to treat you folks with the exploits of Jim W1PID who lives in "God's Country" up there in New Hampshire.

Here's the link: http://www.mv.com/ipusers/w1pid/afield/afield.html

73 de Larry W2LJ - hope you're all enjoying your weekend more than I am!

1 comment:

  1. Just about to pack a picnic and go out in the sun here - but I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete