Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Microphone Troubles

John Shannon k3WWP mentions in one of his latest diary entries about makeshift and homemade CW straight keys. He also mentioned how Tom WY3H had a straight key fall apart on him in the middle of a QSO; and how Tom finished the conversation by touching his two key wires together to send Morse.

That brought rushing back a memory of an episode of Adam-12 that I had seen as a kid. I wasn't a Ham yet; but I guess it left an indelible impression on me! I researched it out on Hulu and found it. I apologize for the commercials; but instead of just posting a link, I embedded the episode here.

This was Episode 5 from Season 4; and its title is "The Search". The screenplay was written by Stephen J Cannell who would later go on to create such hit shows as "The Rockford Files" and "Quantum Leap" to name a few.

Enjoy!



73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment