Saturday, May 28, 2011

Guess it's just as well

I've seen on the various QRP e-mail reflectors that dues to a solar disturbance, band conditions were in the tank today and that propagation was pretty terrible.  That's too bad of course, but now I don't feel so bad about not being to get on the radio at all today.

Right from the get go, it was one thing after another.  Get the Jeep's oil changed, get the grocery shopping done, get the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned, take the kids to the movies. Whew! I'm ready for bed as I type this.

I am hoping that either tomorrow or Monday, that I can get to the local park for a few hours and get some outdoor QRP ops in.  The high temperature for today was 91F (33C) as we've jumped right from Winter to Summer. I know in reality that we did indeed have a Spring this year; but it was a cold and rainy one - not very enjoyable.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a little tiny bit cooler than today; but Monday is expected to be hotter perhaps.

Right now, I'm thinking PFR3A, 69' wire, Fuchs tuner, battery, paddle, fishing line launcher and a whole heckuva lot of fun. It would be nice if the bands cooperated.  I see that the SSN is back up to 65 and the Solar Flux Index is hanging around the 100 neighborhood.  With the K index nudging back down a bit, it looks as though the ionosphere is recovering.  That would be good for an hour or two at the park.

If I get the chance to go, I'll take the digital camera along.  Maybe I can get some stills or perhaps a little video going.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment