Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

I was able to get on the radio for a bit today.  15 Meters seemed to be alive jumping with "AA" contest stations.  I didn't have much interest in competing in the contest, but it's always interesting to work Asian stations using QRP power. I managed to work several JA stations, cherry picking my way around, and trying the loudest ones. I also worked a few Asiatic Russian stations. Unfortunately, I did not hear or work anything more exotic.

I attempted to work Met TA3AX on 17 Meters, but this time QRP. Alas, Turkey was not to be had with 5 Watts - today. ;)

I finished the day by participating in the Run For The Bacon, the Flying Pigs monthly QRP sprint. Not a whole lot of activity, probably due to it being Father's Day, but I did manage to work fellow blogger, Chris KQ2RP, and I also worked Jim W4QO and John K4BAI, twice. Earlier in the day we had another brief contact, so today was able to put John in the log three times today. I think that's a record.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment