Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Jackite mishap

One of the things I failed to mention in my Field Day report ..... I managed to break my Jackite pole. It happened when I was trying to raise the W3EDP antenna.  The window line portion got stuck in a scrub pine. It was too high to reach from the ground, so (stupidly) I thought I'd get my Jackite out of the trunk, extend it just enough to "lift" the window line out of the offending branch.


It splintered. Argh. But fortunately, you can order replacement parts from Jackite.  I just did that a few minutes ago and the replacement section should be here in 2-5 working days. $12.99 with shipping. Way better than dishing out close to $80 for a total replacement.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment