Saturday, August 26, 2017

Got 'er done

I feel badly saying this, considering what's transpiring in Texas - the weather here today was gorgeous! What a beautiful day! Sunny, with a high of 80F later in the afternoon and low humidity. Perfect for changing out the coax on the W3EDP.

And that's exactly what I did; and it got done without incident or mishap. I used the 46 foot stub that I had made for Field Day for 80 Meters. After the cable run part was done, I was able to cut about 10 feet off that.  I soldered on a brand spankin' new PL259 and was in business.

I had other things to accomplish after that, so I wasn't on the air for long. I called CQ at the QRP Watering Holes on 40 and 20 Meters without result, but the Reverse Beacon Network let me know my signal was being heard. Then I listened to a ragchew on 17 Meters for a while before pulling the plug and getting to work on other things.

Both HF antennas now have brand new, low loss coax runs. Hot dog!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment