Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yech!

Even though I'm feeling lousy, I went down to the shack tonight, to dip my feet into the 80 Meter QRP Foxhunt. The two Foxes tonight are Tom KV2X in NY State and Al KØFRP in Colorado.

80 Meters is pretty noisy tonight with lots of QRN. I'm pretty sure that I got a valid exchange with Tom KV2X at Ø216 UTC. Pretty sure because I know he heard me; but I couldn't quite hear if he was asking for repeats of any of my info. Well, the log will tell the tale; and I'm not about to worry about it.

I couldn't hear Al or any of the hounds chasing him for that matter. Colorado is probably a stretch for 80, although I did work KØEVZ in New Mexico last week when I was Fox. In any event, I feel too crummy and have nowhere near the patience required to stay behind the dial tonight. It's either my sinuses that are killing me; or it's a head cold. I tend to think it's sinuses as I have no fever or any body aches that you would normally see accompany a cold. Just coughing, congestion AND a runny nose (if you can believe that!) and a nasty post-nasal drip. Is that graphic enough? Ewwww!

So. let's just say I feel badly enough where here it is 10:00 PM EST; and I'm going to pull the plug and head off to bed. MAYBE a good night's sleep will help me out.

73 de Larry W2LJ

Anybody got any NyQuil?

No comments:

Post a Comment