Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gotta share this

When I announced on this blog that my lovely wife was buying me the QRP Project Fuchs Tuner kit for my birthday; it intrigued one of my friends to the point of building one based on the documentation available on the QRP Project Website.

He sent me an e-mail tonight letting me know that the project was a success and that it successfully tuned his Inverted L on 80 through 10 Meters.

And he included the picture that you see here. Wow! How good looking is that! As you can see, my friend Bob W3BBO is one heckuva a homebrewer. If I were to attempt the same project, it would end up looking like something that was hit by an NHL goaltender, or possibly something that was found on the street as "roadkill".

I truly envy you folks who can not only homebrew from scratch successfully; but make it look so darned professional to boot!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment