Thursday, November 12, 2009

40 Meter QRP Fox hunt success.

The local neighborhood QRN cooperated tonight, giving me pretty quiet band conditions on 40 Meters. I heard Dave AB9CA in Alabama right off the bat. Dave always has a pretty good signal into NJ; and tonight was no exception. He was an honest 579 and I worked him fairly early in the hunt.

Jim K9JWV in Utah was another story. I'm pretty sure I heard him all the way up near 7.050 MHz; but he was at ESP levels and I couldn't be 100% sure that it was him. But I am pretty sure that I heard a few hounds giving their exchanges.

40 Meters was quite long! Stronger than Jim in Utah were stations coming in from Brazil PY and Mexico XE. I would have stayed on the air to work a few; but am battling a head cold or sinus attack or something and all I want to do is get some rest.

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Larry, sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I hope you recover soon. Indeed, the last few days 40 meter is very good with no QRN at night and early morning. I heard ZL every morning with good signals. 73, Paul PC4T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Larry,

    You should stay out of the woods on these cold dark nights with that head cold. Not good durring a fox hunt...I'm amazed you were able to tolerate all the barking and noise. (said as humor)

    All kidding aside...Congratulations on a noble hunt. I can't seem to be at the right place and the right time for hunt's lately. It seems there's always something else happening at that time.

    Worked a nice VE3 QRP station last night at 800 miles tho....he was in the clear from all the barking hounds chasing the fox. (way up on 7114)

    Keep up the good hunting.

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete