Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Zombie Shuffle score

I really hadn't planned on sending in my Zombie Shuffle score; I was in it just for the fun. Also, I was celebrating that it was Friday night after a long work week and I was happy just to be home enjoying the hobby that I love the most.

However, a post by Paul NA5N appeared on QRP-L yesterday; and it served as an impetus for me to find out just how well I might have done.

The post follows:

Zombies,

I have the Zombie Shuffle results, from the logs received thus far, now posted on the website along with a couple of other goodies. http://www.zianet.com/QRP

What always amazes me, is no matter how lousy the bands are, there are always a few QRPers that can manage to squeeze blood from a turnip and fill up a log book. You'll see that three ops managed over 100,000 points and others over 70,000. This has to be the result of being top-notch operators, unusual skills (not necessarily code speed), and a good station and antennas. These are the same guys that top score other QRP events. You have to take your hats off to these fellas. They should encourage us all to get on the air, improve our own skills, and perhaps our stations.

So if you worked N9NE, AB9CA, WA5BDU, W3BBO, N5IB, AA1MY, W2LJ, or the like, you worked some of the best.

Most important, of course, is just getting on the air and working fellow QRPers, and even more enjoyable when it's an old friend or a familiar call. That's the fun part for me, anyway.

72, Paul NA5N

To be mentioned in the same breath with those other call signs blew me away! Thank you, Paul, for the most kind words! After that, how could I not get off my butt and report my score?

It worked out like this:

17 Zombie Shuffle QSOs
Total of Zombie numbers = 8,222
Total S/P/C's worked - 14

Final Score: 8,222 X 14 = 115,108

But I have to reiterate what Paul said in his post; and it's the same whether it's the Zombie Shuffle, the Hoot Owl Sprint, a QRP ARCI QSO Party or an RFTB or NAQCC Sprint:

"Most important, of course, is just getting on the air and working fellow QRPers, and even more enjoyable when it's an old friend or a familiar call. That's the fun part for me, anyway."

I agree - 110% !!!

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. you not plan but you make such nice things it is really a nice and beautiful thank you for this.Thank you for this post it has very useful information.please keep posting like this with this useful information

    ReplyDelete