Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


I am home for the Thanksgiving holiday after another atrocious 12 hour day at work. It feels like they tried to cram 24 hours worth of work into that 12 hour period. But now I am enjoying the comforts of home and family. Every year, I make an attempt to remember the gifts that God has given me, for which I am most grateful. Here are just some of the things that come to mind:

I am thankful for having the best wife on earth - my lovely bride, Marianne. I go on bended knee to thank God for my wonderful son, Joey and my wonderful daughter, Cara.

I thank God that he has blessed our family with good health, which is beyond all price.

I thank God for our jobs that allow us to have a warm, dry house to live in and plenty of food on the table.

I am grateful for our pets, particularly Jesse our Brittany and Sadie our cat.

I am grateful for my Mom, my sister, brothers-in-law and my nephew and all my close and extended family.

I am grateful for our great country and the freedoms that we enjoy.

I am grateful to the brave men and women who fight and have fought to keep those freedoms ours.

I am grateful for our community and our Church community and all our friends and neighbors.

I am grateful four our relatives (Dad) who have passed on to their final reward and how they enriched our lives while they were with us.

I am grateful that I have the next four days off to relax, unwind and spend some quality time with my family.

I could go on and on and not mention all that I am grateful for; but I do acknowledge that none of this is actually mine. It all belongs to God - He just lets me enjoy all these things for the small amount of time that I am on this earth. So tomorrow morning, I will get up earlier than I have to, to go to Mass and offer proper thanks to Him,

I wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. May God bless your families and friends and the good times that you share with them!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment