Friday, November 06, 2009

New WGØAT video

Rather than post a link to Steve WGØAT's newest video, I will embed it here.





I ran into Steve on the air last Monday night during the ARS Spartan Sprint and he included me in his video! Cool beans!

A ton of kudos to Steve for all the good videos he has on his various Ham Radio and QRP activities. It's great that he's out there posting these on YouTube for the world to see. Not only does it spread the word that QRP and portable Ham Radio are fun; but it also makes it look "cool", at least in my opinion.

I think there's a lot of folks out there who still perceive Ham Radio operators as a bunch of geeks or nerds squirreled away in a basement or a closet somewhere behind a huge, tubed monstrosity (you know, the 50's television version of us).

When they see videos like Steve's or articles like Jim W1PID's great series, some epiphanies begin to happen. "Hey look! These guys are out there using the tiny low powered radios (think Green) enjoying Nature and the Great Outdoors. I didn't think you could do that!"

I'm not talking about setting the Ham Radio world on fire with tons of new recruits; but if a handful of people get excited and start thinking,"Hey! I want to do that, too!", then so much the better.

On another completely different note, it's been quite the busy Ham Radio week for me, this past week. Zombie Shuffle last Friday, ARS Spartan Sprint on Monday and Fox hunts on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Kind of feeling like I did when I did the "QSO a Day" thing back in 2005 (or was that 2006?).

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun; and has been an impetus to get on the air even more. Air time begets air time - I'm convinced of it.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment