Monday, July 23, 2018

Don't forget !!!

This coming Sunday is the Flight of the Bumblebees. You still have time to sign up for a Bee number.

http://arsqrp.blogspot.com/ for the rules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OzR8FvgVX9J2U0BsjPPg7uzqbuv4C93IAmf7hr8_5GY/edit#gid=0 for the roster.

We're having some pretty typical NJ Summer weather this week. Very sticky and muggy with a chance of thunderstorms every day this week. Typically, it will be sunny, and then 5-10 minutes later we'll get pouring rain. The cycle repeats all day long. But the weather for next weekend is looking promising as of right now (I know that this forecast will inevitably change as the week progresses).


If everything holds to form, I plan on walking to good ol' Cotton Street Park, here in town, where the trees are tall and the shade is plentiful. I know conditions are in the pits compared to previous years; but I've had good success with FOBB from Cotton Street Park in the past.  What makes it ideal is that it's close enough to home that I can get back in plenty of time to grill up something good for the family for dinner.

I got on the air yesterday afternoon, only to be disappointed by the lack of on air activity. I worked PY2J on 20 Meters and a couple of other stations. Yesterday was the Colorado QRP Club's Gold Rush sprint. The only person that I heard participating was Rick NK9G out of Wisconsin. I sure hope I hear more stations next weekend!

20 Meters seems to be coming somewhat alive only at night. After about 6:00 or 7:00 PM in the evenings (after 2200 or 2300 UTC), I will start hearing some European and South American stations, as well as stations from the West Coast and 7 Land. This is leading me to think that 40 Meters may well be the "money band" for FOBB next Sunday. Past years have usually yielded a close to equal number of station worked on 40 and 20 Meters. My gut is telling me it's going to be different this year.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment